Ugadi or Yugadi is the merriment to cherish at the advent of spring season which accompanies the arrival of New Year according to the Telugu calendar. The commemoration of the festival takes place on the first day of the first lunar month of Chaitra, because it is believed that Lord Brahma, the creator, initiated His creation on this very day which is being supported by calculations of the great Indian mathematician Bhaskaracharya.
Happy Ugadi Pachadi Recipe Preparation | Ugadi Pachhadi Recipe How to Make | Ugadi Festival Recipe Ingredients
The carnival is celebrated with full faith and devotion especially in Deccan parts of India. People involved in its celebration begin their preparation very early in morning by cleaning their houses, decorating them with Rangolis and fresh mango leaves, sprinkling cow dung water, worshipping God and offering many delicious traditional dishes prepared on this very occasion. Some of the foodstuffs of Ugadi are Ugadi Pachhadi, Aval Payasam, Ugadi Bobbatlu, Ariselu and Bisi Bele Bhath, etc; the most admired among them being Ugadi Pachhadi.
Ugadi Pachhadi Recipe
- One cup of finely chopped raw fresh Mango
- One tablespoon Neem flower (Margosa flower)
- One cup grated Jaggery
- Three to four tablespoon Tamarind paste
- ¼ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Red chilli powder as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- One tablespoon chopped Coconut pieces (optional)
- Infuse tamarind in water for ½ hour and boil it for five minutes.
- Keep it for cooling at room temperature and blend it in a mixie till it becomes smooth.
- Remove all fibers by passing it through strainer or sieve.
- Boil it again adding finely chopped mango pieces and jaggery.
- Cook the stuff till mango tender and jaggery melt into the juice.
- Keep it aside and put a pan on fire, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- As they splutter, add Neem flower, chilli and salt as per your taste.
- Fry the ingredients till light brown while stirring them time to time.
- Add this Neem flower in tamarind paste.
ugadi pachadi in hindi
how to make ugadi pachadi in hindi wikipedia
ugadi pachadi wikipedia
ugadi pachadi 6 tastes
ugadi pachadi shadruchulu
ugadi pachadi images
how to make ugadi pachadi wikipedia
ugadi in hindi language